Thursday, July 22, 2010

Finding my Roots

I'm so glad that God is always faithful. He truly watches out for me.

I was so pissed. Pissed about many things. For not being good enough, for being a jealous whore over anything and everything, for not doing enough for my besties...for being IMPERFECT among the imperfects. I was disapointed with myself.

And, I feel like I'm losing myself again. Going back to the depress old days again. But just 15minutes ago...as I was skeptically flipping through my devotional book (ah,bad role model) , today's passage strongly caught me offguard.

Started with proverbs 27:8 " Like a bird that wanders from its nest, so is a man who wanders from his place"

Pastor Kevin Loo (author of this book) mentioned
"Whenever you are at a point of losing yourself, stop to think and pray. Speak to God. Nothing can be as dangerous as a man who cannot find his way home. Once you have drifted away from home/God, you will find yourself drowning in exhaution,depression and security (oh geez...bang!!)

"Always come back to the Father for He is your source of identity and security.Be at peace for you have found your home in the Lord. He always believes in you no matter what you have done."

At that moment...I realized how wrong I was to let my anger overtake me. But it happened for a reason cz I learned my lesson. Cant help to feel so overwhelmed and touched by His teachings. God was talking to me through his words, so clearly and plain to see...like the sharp sword piercing through *shing! ...ok enough with the drama...=.=

Lol...I just dont know how to express my gratitude now. I'm just so thankful and happy now.
Truly, I dont deserve to get such attention and love but still He gave. Haha...sounds cliche huh? but its from my heart. I'm just overwhelmed. huhuhu~

Uni's activity is gonna get the best of me...I believe i'm gonna be wear out if I dont watch my steps, its so easy to be drifted away. So, i'm gonna hold on tight to my roots while I fly...at least I know I'll land on the right spot even if I fall down.

Thank you father, its such a blessing tonight. =)

1 comment:

Darian Z. said...

awesome post! God's so awesome! He just has a way to speak to us in our deepest need heheh

good on u! keep it up and dont give up! =D