Saturday, September 4, 2010

What A Merdeka Day [Part 2]

So...
right after Broga Hill, got invited to join Caleb and the gang on another merdeka outting.
Little did I know, it was actually a photography class!
haha...
But before that we went to grab some roti canai...
which was really good...
like...one of the best I've tasted so far...
too bad there was no pics...
we were all hungry...
ANYWAYS...
it rained! which was such a bummer....argh
so we rode in the car around and around and around the city...
(and the round about for 3 times...thanks to Caleb)
In the end, we decided to go ....
IKEA
And instead of exploring furniture...
guess what???
we played did our photography class there
and played monopoly deal.
.
.
.


What??
yeah...this is how you should react.....=.=
But it was fun times....haha
maybe cz we are all funny ppl???
While Wen Sen taught Robin and Caleb basic photography 101...


Silvia, intensively into her bejeweled game...
click click click....


Then we started out monopoly game.
It was my 1st time playing a card game of it...
very refreshing and interesting.
BUT...I was surviving the game rather than winning it...
guess my heart was somewhere else in papers and ink.

Did some sketches and drawings.
Somehow in a situation which seemed weird and mundane,
I found inspiration =)


Hunting for a place for dinner...
while the guys got carried away with the cams....
I had a great time catching up with Silvia...

She's like a big sis...
we have somethings in common too...eg: we love Criminal Minds!! =D
Most of all, she's someone I can relate to and not feel intimidated at the same time
=) some elder ppl gives me the creeps sometimes...

She's cool =P

Snapped by Caleb...
lol...nice pose there....

I wonder does all photographer really dislike appearing on pics?

Snapping everywhere!!!
even inside the eCurve...but its a norm...
You snap me, I snap you, he snap you....
what a camera love triangle. =D

Finally we settled down at Popeye's...
my husband's restaurant!
haha... =P

Even during dinner...
snaps and monopoly frenzy continued....

... ...
oh boy...what can I say? hehe
*
*
Though we didnt get to go somewhere bizarre or picturesque to snap pics or hang out...
but...it was a fulfilling day....
aiseh.
I had a great time of fellowship with Caleb, Silvia, WenSen and Robin.
Somehow....hanging out with them was different.
I dont know whether it's a compliment or a complaint...

I clearly just felt...like its not what I usually experience
while hanging out with other friends.
haha....sounds kinda creepy saying that...

Anyhow,
I'm grateful and delighted.
The whole 31st of August was a different experience,
a out-of-the-cliche way of celebrating it...
I felt so "merdeka" in me...

Most of all,
despite all the negativity around me,
I'm still thankful to be a Malaysian.
Malaysia is a great country.


Pray for our nation!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nah..it's not that photographers dun like to be taken pic off. I just want to hav a cool pose look! lol.

JoCeLyn SteMiLyn said...

lol...cz alot of photographers...esp guys seemed to dislike being in their own pic taken by their own cam... =P