Monday, February 18, 2008

Satisfaction in Christ

Oh God
you are my God
I earnestly search for you
My soul thirsts for you
my whole body longs for you in tihs parched
and weary land where there is no water
You unfailing love is better to me than life itself
How I praise you!

Psalm 63: 1& 3

Lately many friends had been telling me about the dissatisfactions of life
and the fear of emptiness in their lives.
Reading this psalms deeply touched my heart to pose this here.

Yes,you may find satisfaction in studies,games,internet or shopping...etc
but all these wont last long...
After days,months,years...you will come to a point that you'll feel that emptiness again...
and you'll be finding other stuff to fill you're empty heart...
Many fell for drugs,gaming,wasting time and money on celebrities...

I was once some one like that.
I thought I could find satisfaction when I'm with my friends.
Hanging out, joking...
Still,they'll be leaving someday
they also need time on their own.

Only God can satisfy out DEEPEST longings
I cant really explain how He does that
but every time I had this emptiness or maybe other problems
I know I can hide beneath He's wings
Its' like God will open up my eyes and let me discover that
actually all these problems were just so small
none of them are too big for Him to solve

Everybody has their own experience with Him
So,the way He approaches everyone differs

You might think this is another religious article by Jocelyn
Well,yeah it's true though.
But when you are facing troubles or doubts you cant handle
and no one is there to help you
Remember there's Jesus Christ with you.
He LOVES you even though you might HATE Him
No rituals,no 1,2,3 steps
Just pray to Him like you are talking to a friend

Oh yeah...just remember to talk with you're heart ok?


*cheers*
Jocelyn@Stemilyn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wat is ur purpose 4 posting this blog?
wat r u thking when u're writing this blog?
2 fill ur momentarily emptiness?
or jz wan 2 spread ur religion?

fr TKH

JoCeLyn SteMiLyn said...

none of them
i'm just introducing a great friend to you...=)
*Christianity is not a religion..it's a relationship

Anonymous said...

tolong~ every1 knws abt Him liao...
dat means every1 r His friends liao...
dun need u 2 introduce agn...
wasting time nia u...

fr TKH

JoCeLyn SteMiLyn said...

u know him and u dun have a relationship with Him right?
Do u?

Anonymous said...

if only Christians can really be having relationship wif Him...
then I dun hav lo...

fr TKH