Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What A Merdeka Day [part 1]

August 31st...
Malaysia's 53rd Independence day...

Well, as far as i could dig my memory,

usually my 31st of August would be waving flags,

shouting, singing the same old songs every year,

marching...and aerobics...=.=

But this year was different.

1. This is probably my 1st time celebrating this away from Perlis

2. This time I was NOT actually celebrating it...as in, im not specially prepared to celebrate it.

3. Quite alot of "1st times" happened in my life...(including the top 2)



Waking up at 4am in the morning! Which was something so rare for Jocelyn to do...

but I just jumped off the bed, feeling so energetic...ready to conquer Broga Hill!!

So there we have, Charlie and Rachel talking along the way.

KL suddenly seemed so peaceful and AMAZING without the hectic jam...


.


.


.

So, as we reached there, we started walking up the hill.

It was pitch dark and we could hardly see a thing...

good thing Grace brought alot of spare torch lights,

or else we all may end up crawling in the dark XD...

.

It was crowded with ppl.

1st time I ever experienced climbing a hill with such crowd. I thought ppl hated to exercise???

HAHA...met some seniors there too...=.=


.


.

Good thing with all the drama muscle training,

I climbed with ease throughout 3/4 part of the journey.

When I reached the 3rd peak, I was quite exhausted. More like...hungry than tired. lol

I felt like staying there for good and wait for the sunrise....

but I suddenly remembered something in my previous devotion...

"Where we are may not be a bad place, but we know its not where we're suppose to be"

So...with a lil of the "kiasu" spirit in me, I decided to finish The Climb...

haha...and waited for the sunrise...


The sunrise...not a great spot but this was my best shot.
I was rather encouraged when I realized alot of Christians were there to pray for our country.

Broga Hill can be the Malysian prayer mountain! yeah...

We live in a very fortunate and blessed country....its important we bare the burden to pray for our country.



Liz watching the scenery...
it was breath taking

Going downhill was definitely easier

and more relaxing...we can still sing and move around like monkeys...

Reciting poems from Shakespeare and what not... =D

Later it was BREAKFAST time!! oooh lala!


Maybe I was damn hungry....

so this pao tasted like HEAVEN at that moment.

Not to mention my fav....

Half boiled eggs!!! yummy!



That moment was like...paradise!

like angels were singing in my mouth...wooo

Just feel the taste of slimmy fresh egg slipping into your throat,

uhhh, mammia!

Despite how much I dislike the many system in Malaysia,
still, it is a very different country...
We were raised among different cultures,
our adaptability is better than other mono cultural countries out there...
Thus its not an excuse for us to say that
we dont know how to reach out to those who dont know God.
Wherever we go, we are able to relate to the 3 largest religoin groups of people in this world...
Islam, Buddhist and Hindu.
Prayer is a powerful tool.
I believe if we continue to pray and reach out,
Malaysia will become a blessed nation.
my day doesn't stops here...there's part 2!

No comments: